Best Blogger Tips

8 Jan 2014

20 Things I Learned For Sure in 2013

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
Passion Flower stamen
Source: Wikimedia
I've been a fan of blogger Dani Dipirro's Fab blog Positively Present for a few years now because she always impressed me with her... well, incredibly utopic outlook on life which actually pleased me.

In 2013, she decided to jot down and keep all positive things that happened to her and read them early in 2014.

At the time, I just shrugged, smiled thinking that was so like her and moved on but now, after my annus horribilis in 2013, I have decided to point my life in that direction.

Dani describes what she learnt on reading her 2013 year long collection in 5 benefits of noting happy moments -
1) YOU NOTICE WHAT MATTERS MOST TO YOU
2) YOU FEEL INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL
3) YOU FOCUS ON LIFE'S POSITIVE MOMENTS.
4) YOU CREATE A SIMPLE, POSITIVE HABIT.
5) YOU CELEBRATE THE LITTLE THINGS.
She says "When I kept this little jar right by my desk, I was constantly reminded to look for things to celebrate, causing me to look past the big events and seek the little moments of joy that happen almost every single day."

My watch words for 2014 are positively present and serene and my intention in 2014 is to write down at least one thing that lifts my spirit every single day for the entire year.

I will collect them in my happy jar and read on my birthday on 5 January 2015.

I refuse to ever relive what I put myself through - yes, I did it to myself regardless of others involvement - in 2013. It truly was a horrible year for me which ended on Friday 13 December 2013, the day I received a wonderful job offer over the phone in exactly the field I desired in exactly the manner I wished and I accepted it after two years, one month and 13 days without a job.

Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing. ~ Eckhart Tolle


Habinaria radiata
Source: wikimedia
I have turned the page and never intend to revisit that 2013 chapter again.

After being beaten up by psychiatric outpatients, slapped in the face on three occasions by a thug who swore he loved me, death threats, getting bitten by roaches in a homeless shelter and more, the 20 things I learned for sure in 2013 are these:

1-  Cry in private.

2-  Never back down. Fight back.

3-  Adversity builds your self respect. Dig down deep, pull it up and work it!

4-  Focus on your objective. Know what you want and express it.

5-  Do something good for someone every day. It lifts your spirit.

6-  It takes two to argue. Reasonable words do dull a sharp tongue.

7-  Keep your heart open. Uncertainty creates fear and distrust. Don't give in to it.

8-  Use your determination to carry you through when all else fails.

9-  Never water down your desires or diminish your abilities to please anyone. 

10-  Self pity, despair and desperation are passing things. You can let them go.

11-Trust your instincts regardless of appearances and take action. Always follow through.

12-Stay the course. Challenges surface seemingly to test your resolve. Deal with it and move on.

13-Don't waste time responding to critics. Too much energy wasted and you end up acting small.

14-Never give up. Hold on by your fingernails if you have to to your faith that things will turn around.

15- Always treat the other as a human being deserving of respect regardless of their attitude and verbs. 

Source: 3.bp.blogspot.com
16-Ignore the critics and the nay-sayers. They just want to keep you at their level where they feel comfortable.

17-Practise being still every single day and when it all gets to much and you feel you can't hold it any longer, do it again.

18-Uplift your spirit with positive words or images every day via a Mind MovieEFT tapping, affirmations or anything else that works for you.

19-What you seek is also seeking you and I have the proof. I read those words by Marianne Williamson years ago and she was so right!

20- Friday 13 is a lucky day!

These lessons have made me positively present and serene and I know I am fully capable of facing whatever comes next in 2014. I feel that fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥