Best Blogger Tips

25 Sept 2012

Anticipating Joy - Nourishment For The Soul

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
Food for thought to sup on at your leisure - it's about expectations and anticipating... joy.

I never consciously thought about it in the way Russell Bishop describes in his article however he is absolutely correct. When I think about things I don't want in my life anymore, I demand instant changes because I deserve it which in fact is a lie because if I really believed that I wouldn't be in the current situation nor would I have to insist.

It would be all natural and free flowing.

Of course I feel disappointed and frustrated hurrying up to wait when my expectations are not met, and that right there is the crux of the matter. Expectations lead to disappointment because joy doesn't come on demand.

We have to feel it inside.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines JOY as the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires.

Bishop says that the anticipation of joy would be much more fulfilling (it's on its way to me) and not open to disappointment as in (I deserve it and why isn't it here) and that's where affirmations and visualization come in.

Here's an excerpt from Russell Bishop's article Soul Talk - Want More Joy in your Life? He describes affirmations and visualization as just one means of  moving the odds in your favour. An article not to be missed!

Anticipating Joy

It's pretty simple, really: Shift from expecting joy to anticipating joy. Besides the obviously-simplistic idea that this could be nothing more than semantics, there is actually a huge difference.

Expectations carry with them the sense of entitlement along with a demand for immediacy. "I expected" it is a way of saying I deserved it, and if you're expecting joy today, then not only are you running on the premise of you deserve it, but that you deserve it now and that the source of your joy comes from someone or something outside yourself.
Anticipation, however, carries with it a sense that the joy is coming and you just don't know when. "It's just around the corner" is a whole different mindset from "it damn well better be just around the corner."

The trick to anticipating joy is not that much different from that old Heinz catsup commercial put to Carly Simon's song "Anticipation" -- you just have to hang in there long enough for the joy to come out.

While you're waiting, you stay focused on how good it's going to "taste" when it finally does come out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥