Best Blogger Tips

20 Sept 2013

BE INSPIRED - My Day's Work is Over

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
My Day’s Work Is Over

My Day’s work is over and I am ready to relax my body in sleep. I have summoned my Cabinet of imaginary Counselors around me that I may consult their master minds in planning for the morrow.
I can all but hear the immortal Shakespeare who sits at my right, as he says: “To thine own self be true and it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”

And, I can all but hear Lincoln, who sits at my left, as he says: “With charity for all and malice toward none.”

Source: Hub en Gerie

And, I can all but hear proud old Socrates as he says: “And you, too, judges, must face death with a good courage, and believe this as a truth, that no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death.”

And, I can all but hear that master philosopher, Emerson, as he says: “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.”

And, I can all but hear the Man of Galilee as he says: “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.”

The Counsel Table around which I gather, with these great men of the past each night, is an imaginary one, but the messages which they left behind them are real, and I am using this method of burning them deeply into my consciousness, that their influence may find its way into the pattern after which my character is being built.

Source: Napoleon Hill’s Magazine. September, 1921. Volume I, No. 5. Back Cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥