Best Blogger Tips

27 Apr 2009

Memories of My Incredible Pug - Elton

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
In memory of my beautiful boy Pug, Elton de Peralla de La Cacahuète.

He had to be put to sleep after a massive stroke in October 2006 which left him completely paralyzed.

He was a fabulous thirteen.

Elton,
my smoochie poochie
Being silly, being so dilly
You’re a honey

I love thee
Truly appreciate who you be
You’re very special to me
You taught me truly, truly, how to be.

Your reaction so subtle
Never directable, always honest
You want or you don’t
But playacting you won’t

You bound, you’re a hound
Large as life
A little star bright

Eyes always alight and spry as a little tyke.

One, two, already on the food
There’s nobody like you
And that will always be true

Now old boy age has caught up with you
No longer spry but spirits still high
To compensate for the sight
Eyes no longer bright
They barely see light.

You want to walk more but you can’t
So what do you do
You head for a shady bench, and
Sit under there
Your message clear.

Then one morn, you say
Mom, I can’t go on
Take me home
Send me on
To where hounds abound
They’re racing to the horn
Carefree all day long

What else could I do but send you along.

Heart breaking on that dawn
I feed you the best and temporarily rest
Delaying the final test of taking you over the crest
You and only you come next
You pass the test and go to your rest.

First shot, you’re out the gate
Snoring away
Then my heart truly breaks
I know what’s at stake

Second shot and you’re off the spot
Shouting, hey guys, wait up

Tears flowed to fill a boat
I’m left alone, feeling blue
Yet wonderful too
So much happiness

A kind of bliss
But poochie I tell you truly
You’ll be missed
You have a place in my heart always
A big hug and a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥