Best Blogger Tips

17 Jun 2009

Becoming A Well of Stillness: Go Within and Let Go

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
I have just finished reading Martha Beck's article Your best life is waiting in Oprah's Spirit Newsletter.

She is so smart, down-to-earth and funny, I gobble up everything she writes.

Her article covers a theme close to my heart reconnecting to self and getting your life back on track. She covers this in 4 steps:
  • becoming still
  • know the "truth"
  • feel your soul's desires, and
  • trust your life to unfold perfectly.
Going within and becoming still

Let's talk about the first step. Why is becoming still or going within so important? Because we can't hear ourselves think, feel, need and yearn for our true heart's desires with all the noise around us

Martha Beck says that a lot of us try to flee ourselves by doing busy work or talk, talk, talking in order not to be alone with silence or with ourselves. Our biggest hurdle to reconnecting with self is our emotions.
 
Become the observer, go within to your well of stillness, and let go.


None of us want to feel things which make us uncomfortable. But Eckhart Tolle in A New Earth advises that we do exactly that. Let those feelings out. Don't hang onto them.  Step back and become the observer.

Watch those painful feelings rise, expand and then gradually fade away into nothingness: they will if you let them be. It feels so great to let that garbage go!

I experience this when I meditate or just sit or lie somewhere quietly for twenty minutes or so. That is what I call my "well of stillness".

Martha Beck has a wonderful visualization technique to guide you inward and it's worth trying. It's in the same article under the heading Get Still.

Feel free to go on to step two, find your inner strength (know your truth).


In closing, I'll leave you with this very apt quote from Mother Teresa.


We need to find god, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence … We need silence to be able to touch souls.


2 comments:

traveler2s said...

You blog is beautiful, as you say. "Well of stillness" nicely said. It would be better if you write on this, I've written some and I feel this is a very important subject that one must know to have a good life. Let me know if you write in this subject. I am keen to know. Good luck and God bless.

Intuitive Catalyst Conduit said...

Hey Traveller, thanks for your comments. Of course you can add my blog to your Friends list and thanks for the compliments too.

I write about inner stillness, going inwards, becoming aware in many different ways along with other topics which relate to my blog LIFE IS ABOUT LIVING and the lessons I have learned along the way which have taught me and are still teaching me that... life is about living.

Most of what I write about is based on what I have experienced and I give my opinion on a few others.

Cheers
Catherine

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥