Best Blogger Tips

28 Aug 2009

6 Ways to Break the Worry Habit Before It Breaks You

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips

Worry, smorry - aren't you fed up with it. I sure as hell am. I've been doing it for the past three days and I am so sick of it, and myself.

When I get like this I can't stand myself and trying to run away from me doesn't work either!

So I'm applying some of Dale Carnegie's strategies to break the worry habit.

  1. Crowd worry out of your mind by keeping busy. Plenty of action is one of the best therapies ever devised for curing "wibber gibbers." 
  2. Don't fuss about trifles. Don't permit little things -- the mere termites of life -- to ruin your happiness.
  3. Use the law of averages to outlaw your worries. Ask yourself "What are the odds against this thing's happening at all?"
  4. Co-operate with the inevitable. If you know a circumstance is beyond your power to change or revise, say to yourself: "It is so; it cannot be otherwise."
  5. Put a "stop-less" order on your worries. Decide just how much anxiety a thing may be worth -- and refuse to give it anymore.
  6. Let the past bury its dead. Don't saw sawdust. 
It sounds simplistic, doesn't it. But guess what, he's absolutely right. It's called common sense living. And here's an easy fix on how to de-stress yourself in five minutes after worrying up a storm.




Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥