Best Blogger Tips

6 Aug 2009

Emotional Clearing Out with Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT) : Become Stressless with TAT

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips

An old memory came back to me today. And it's only now as I'm doing my emotional clearing out that I realise how painful, traumatic and stressful it really was. Here's the story and how I cleared it with Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT) - to become stressless.

It was the first time I saw my mother angry, fighting and cursing and it was with the man we lived with - my stepfather. From the day I met him when I was maybe six, I didn't like him and that never changed. Since he was the one who raped me when was 10 or 11, it just goes to show huh.

Thunder in my Universe

That fight broke out like thunder in my universe. One minute everything was calm as usual and then it all broke apart and never re-formed. At eight or nine, I was shocked, lost and abandoned in the living room. It was so clean and nicely put away with fresh curtains in the windows; such a contrast to what was happening outside.



I remember looking out the curtained windows at the sunny day feeling so scared and crying my eyes out and wanting someone to come and help me. No one came of course. To this day I have no idea where my siblings were.

Violence and Consequence

I had never witnessed physical violence before, not counting the mean-spiritedness of my stepfather and that event irrevocably shattered the world I knew. The sheer curtains on the windows don't account for the darkness with which I always remember the scene.

It's only as an adult when I look back that I see that the fights were a regular occurrence. Because at times I would hear bodies hitting the walls or the floor of their bedroom and after a while, I stopped wondering why.

I don't recall ever seeing any bruises on my mother and there was never any verbal abuse but of course they don't have to be visible, do they.

I was sent off to my cousin's home for the summer holidays soon after and my younger siblings stayed at home. Nothing was ever said. It was the first time I ever left home to sleep out.

The stress of the fight, my being sent off without a word and what I endured outside of the home changed my life completely. They produced so much emotional toxins to which I added a lot during years gone by. When I mentally couldn't handle the toxicity anymore, I had a suicidal breakdown.

Healing the Trauma with TAT

I healed this trauma with Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT). It happened within ten minutes of sitting there with my hands in the TAT position and reliving the scene. When I remember the fight now, it's a distant memory that has no connection to me. My emotional clearing out worked like a charm. I would encourage anyone to try TAT to help them become stressless. It can't hurt!

Additional resources I've found:

°WikiHow - Emotional clearing - gives a broad outline of the stages involved
°Navigating the stages of emotional clearing - detailed explanations of the stages
°5-Step Emotional clearing process - uses a relaxation technique as a guide
°Emotional clearing: an east/west guide by John Ruskan - the first to cover this technique (not read but lots of people are talking about it)
°A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle - covers the entire schema from the start of humankind and the emotional trauma we inflict and become afflicted with. Plus the why, how and the way to heal the "pain body" aka mass of painful emotions. This book is heavy duty and should be read at least 5 times. You will discover something new every time you re-read it.
°EFT Tapping i.e. Emotional Freedom Technique is a gentle, effective and non-invasive technique that uses the fingers to tap on specific parts of the body to identify blocked emotions. It can be used alone or with a practitioner.



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

colepronab said...

Thanks for EFT Gloucester and Cheltenham. If you're finding that your emotions are running your life, you've come to the right place. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) can help you gain control of ANY situation in your life. Working in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and by telephone sand Skype world wide. nutrition for illness and cancer.
Emotional Freedom Techniques

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥