Best Blogger Tips

27 Jan 2010

Motivational Quotes for the Inspiration of You and I: It's gotta help, somehow...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
I decided to send out these motivational quotes for the inspiration of you and I now that I seem to be reconnected once more (here's hoping).

Because after more than a week of being dropped off the Internet in my new, temporary abode in the Caribbean - in Trinidad and Tobago - and losing an excellent 1000+ word article plus a big blog post in the black hole of cyberspace, I need this pick-me-up. 

And since everything happens for a reason, I'll just have to figure out the message the universe is sending me. Although, I suspect it's all connected to my anxiety of "what the heck am I doing here?"!

 
ON HOPE

H - Hands-touching-hands. There's significant research that indicates the good that comes from giving touches not only the recipient, but also, the giver. The surprising piece, however, is that those who witness good works are affected as well. They experience an increased feeling of well-being, a stronger immune function, and a healthier relationship to epinephrine.
ON LIFE'S DOUBTS AND FEARS


Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. Earl Nightingale




If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it. Ralph Waldo Emerson




Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear.




Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today? Mary Manin Morrissey, Creator of The Miracle Mastery Conference




ON ADVERSITY, ACTION, SUCCESS


Whenever you're facing any form of resistance, gratitude has the power to quickly dissolve it. This is true whether the hindrance comes from inside of you or outside of you. Peggy McColl


Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, 'Make me feel important.' Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life. Mary Kay Ash




An unwritten want is a wish, a dream, a never-happen. The day you put your goal in writing is the day it becomes a commitment that will change your life. Are you ready? Tom Hopkins




When you have a purpose in life, a vision for what you want to achieve, and know why you want to achieve it, work becomes fun, and the time you spend working seems to just whizz by. Clayton J. Moore




The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you are willing to work. It is called massive action. Action is the gas in the tank. Without it, the car will not run. Marcy Blochowiak, author of No Glass Ceiling




What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every difficulty has an opportunity. J. Sidlow Baxter




No one ever attains very eminent success by simply doing what is required of him; it is the amount and excellence of what is over and above the required that determines the greatness of ultimate distinction. Charles Kendall Adams




Success attracts success and failure attracts failure because of the law of harmonious attraction.


In physics, positives attract negatives and vice versa, but in human relationships the opposite is true. Negative people attract only other negative people, while positive thinkers attract like-minded individuals.


You will find that when you begin to achieve success more successes will follow. This is the law of harmonious attraction. When riches begin to come your way, you’ll be amazed how quickly they accumulate.


Train your mind to visualize yourself acquiring a specific amount of wealth or achieving a certain goal - whatever you most desire. Then use self-suggestion to persuade your subconscious mind that you can achieve your goal, and put your plan into action.


When you use the tools that you have at your disposal to prepare yourself for success and visualize yourself as having already reached your objective, you can achieve any reasonable goal that you set for yourself. Napoleon Hill Foundation




The one who tries to get something for nothing generally winds up getting nothing for something.


Those who think they can get by in life without providing the same amount of value for value received will eventually find themselves working harder than ever to deceive others and receiving very little in return. Life has a funny way of evening the score.


In the long run, you will get in the same measure you give. Spend your time on productive, positive efforts; give generously of your time and talents, and you will stand out from the great multitudes whose primary goal in life seems to be to get something for nothing. Napoleon Hill Foundation




There always remains an opportunity to make a new start.


Though it may not seem so when you first encounter a serious blow, you can never lose two of the most important assets you have. These are the power of your mind and your freedom to use it. Once you have turned them to understanding what laid you low, you can begin forming new plans.


You may not have the money you once had; you may lack the allies you had cultivated. But you still have the benefit of a universe that eventually rewards honest effort, as well as gaining the experience of mistakes you will never make again.


Remember, no matter where you are now, whatever you can conceive and believe, you can achieve. Napoleon Hill Foundation




Most failures could have been converted into successes if someone had held on another minute or made more effort.


When you have the potential for success within you, adversity and temporary defeat only help you prepare to reach great heights of success. Without adversity, you would never develop the qualities of reliability, loyalty, humility, and perseverance that are so essential to enduring success.


Many people have escaped the jaws of defeat and achieved great victories because they would not allow themselves to fail. When your escape routes are all closed, you will be surprised how quickly you will find the path to success. Napoleon Hill Foundation



AT THE END OF THE DAY, ASK YOURSELF...
Did I make someone giggle, smile or laugh today?



Did I take the time to really listen to someone today, with rapt attention, as if nothing else mattered in that precious moment but the words they spoke and the look in their eyes?


Did I allow myself to focus on all the blessings in my life today instead of contemplating the things I don't have?


Did I take a moment to imagine what I would like to experience in my life, if for no other reason than in the imagining, is the living, and in the living, comes the joy and delight?


Did I let go today, let go of resentments and unforgivingness that I have been holding onto, all the while realizing that another person may be wounded too and struggling with their own pain?


Did I keep my word today, no matter how simple a promise I may have made, knowing it meant a whole lot to someone else?


Did I make a conscious choice just to be happy today, no matter what is happening in my own life, just for the next moment, and the next moment and the next?


Did I stop caring about what other people think of me, and give myself permission to be who I am regardless of their good opinion of me or not? Did I set myself free today just by doing that?


Was I successful in noticing and appreciating the bounty before me wherever I went or was I just too busy or lost in my own thoughts to notice?


Did I contribute something beautiful to the world today? A new creation of some kind, a poem, a dinner, a dance?


Was I kind today to anyone or anything that crossed my path, no matter how trivial or how monumental? Did I give away my heart?


Is one person richer because of me today, because of my presence on the planet, my essence, my decision to keep on going no matter what?


Did I learn something new today, something about life, something about myself, something about another that I didn't know before?


Did I let go of my attachment to being right today, and open my mind to the possibility of another way, without judgement?


Will someone sleep better tonight because of me? Will they awaken in the morning believing in themselves again, and walk with their head held high?


Was I the answer to someone's prayers today?


If today was to be my last day on the planet, would I feel happy about how I lived it?


Veronica Hay, author of In a Dream, You Can Do Anything

I sincerely hope something on this page or even on my beautiful blog inspires you today. Do let me know.






O - Opportunity to expand our sense of joy. How might you expand yours today?

P -  Possibility of new aliveness in the world. What choice could you make to foster new aliveness in your life?

E - Encourages the expression of our Greater Good. Disasters are cracks through which we can learn to better translate a Greater Good into our relations.

From the wonderful Dr Cara Barker's Hope From The Rubble

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥