Best Blogger Tips

2 Oct 2010

Silence Truly is Golden

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
My Guest RoomSilence is truly golden you know and after a hiatus of two weeks plus disconnected from it all, trying to find my golden centre, I partly succeeded and it was magical so I intend to keep on reaching for it.
Now, I am sure you know the saying You can't see the forest for the trees but what about when Image by Papatia USA via Flickryou can't hear anything but the goddamn noise even when you trying to reconnect with you.
Here's what Eckhart Tolle has to say about that golden silence - the well of stillness that resides in every one of us and is just waiting to be plumbed. 
 
If you go into a forest with your mind only, you'll only notice the sounds and the mind will try to interpret them. You might think you're present; but you're not really, you're simply judging what you hear. But if you become aware of the silent dimension underneath the sounds and in between the sounds, then you become present because the moment you become aware of the silence, you also have become silent.  Eckhart Tolle
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥