Best Blogger Tips

17 Dec 2010

Say "Yes" To Your Life: Short-Circuit Negativity

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
Outstretched Arms (explored!)Image by Taylor.McBride™ 
Judith Johnson wrote a wonderful article Self-Acceptance: 6 Ways to say "Yes" to your life  and in it she proposed a wonderful technique for us to welcome whatever we are living right now and coming to grips with it.

It is time to say 'yes' to your life and short-circuit negativity!

Welcoming Whatever Is Present. This one is from Tara Brach, and I find that practicing it can be quite amusing. At first, it seemed crazy to me to say, "Oh, I gained five pounds, and I feel ashamed of myself and hopeless. I should welcome these feelings! Come on in and sit with me. Have a cup of tea. What are you here to teach me?"

In time, I've come to recognize that by embracing whatever is present, I am short-circuiting my autopilot negativity to what I don't like or want. Instead of allowing my judgments and resistance to escalate, I practice keeping my consciousness open to the possibility that even this thing I don't like is here for a purpose in my life. I ask myself, "How is this for me rather than against me?"



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥