Best Blogger Tips

29 Sept 2009

Are You A Voice Hearer and Does That Mean You're Nuts?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips

I've always had voices in my head since I was little and they were all different people. I'm conscious now that I created them in my loneliness due to my solitary upbringing.

For me they were completely normal until I started talking about them in secondary school. Obviously she - that's me - was strange! So I kept my stories to myself.

That period of my very young life has helped me tremendously in adulthood; my imagination is tremendous and prolific and am an excellent "thinker outside the box". And I certainly don't believe I'm nuts; just different.




I bring this up as a preface to Eleanor Longden's story. She's a young British woman who also heard voices and she talked about them. But when "more intelligent" people found out, she was promptly drugged, dumped in a psychiatric ward and labelled schizophrenic.

This case came to light in 2007.  A "real" psychiatrist taught her how to talk back - How I Tamed The Voices In My Head

For your information, here are the names of some well-known voice hearers courtesy The IndependentPlato, Sigmund Freud, Beethoven, Byron, Charles Dickens, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath, Isaac Newton and Winston Churchill.
  • The doctor who helped Eleanor reconnect with her Inner Being created the Hearing Voices Network.
  • Wikipedia explains what is the hearing voices movement.
  • The Hippocrates Health Institute (HHI) has published a fascinating article by Babs E. Keller The Myth of Mental Illness? A Review of Psychiatry: An Industry of Death and their present day bed partners, the pharmaceutical industry, in their latest magazine Healing Our World, vol 29, issue 3; horrific and fascinating.  Unfortunately, this issue not yet available in their archives. Since HHI magazines are free, either sign up to receive future copies or write/email/fax/call and ask for a copy. There are tons of beautiful, healthful, insightful, factual and scientifically sound articles in their magazine archives.



Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥