Best Blogger Tips

16 Jul 2010

How About Accepting Yourself Just As You Are?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
Beyond all coming and going of phenomena: the ...Image via Wikipedia
Ed and Deb Shapiro are truly two wonderful teachers. I get so much from their articles and the simple and effective meditation techniques they offer, like the following Sacred Space Meditation which coaches you on how to accept yourself just the way you are.

Ed and Deb say: You may get a different number of days, months and years to live, you may have different issues you have to deal with that shape your life, but never give up. 

It's all about making the effort to get up and keep going. If you get up more often than you fall, then you can never fail. 

Optimism is a high-voltage power tool to have in your life skills toolbox, for optimists know how to bounce back and how to see difficulties as only temporary setbacks. Know you can't miss!

Or, try this meditation to accept yourself more deeply, just as you are:

Sacred Space Meditation

Find a comfortable place to sit with your back straight, settle your body, take a few deep breaths and close your eyes.

Now begin to develop a deep appreciation for yourself. You are not trying to change anything, just being with yourself as you are. Breathe in appreciation; breathe out joy.

As you breathe in and out, silently repeat: "My body is a sacred space; my breath gives me life; my mind is at ease; my heart is filled with love."

Do comment and let me know what you experience with this meditation.
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! I just recently created a new affirmation for myself around acceptance, which is, "I am perfect just the way I am." It's a good one for everybody.

Intuitive Catalyst Conduit said...

Hiya Liz, I know exactly what you mean. That's our soul's need talking and when we listen and take action to become one with ourselves - that truly is love and it says THIS IS HOW MUCH I LOVE MYSELF.

Have a grateful day honey.
Catherine

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥