Best Blogger Tips

17 Jul 2010

My Good News Day Is About Science

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
The Earth flag is not an official flag, since ...Image via Wikipedia
Okay, my good news day is about science. I am fascinated by it and the way these fabulously talented and sometimes seemingly kooky people, explain stuff I don't understand and even better, bring those things to my attention which I have never thought of. And my favourite source is TEDtalks

TEDtalks bring us all the goodies under one fabulous umbrella. As I, like most people, am very concerned about our deteriorating environment in light of the bloodsuckers BP (British Petroleum) wanton and conscienceless destruction of environmental life in the Gulf of Mexico, science and the environment is therefore the topic of choice.

Janine Benyus shares nature's designs 
(and why she, nature that is, works the way she does)



Robert Full on engineering and evolution – admittedly the guy studies cockroach legs and geckos feet but give him a chance (tiny ugh)


Penelope Boston says there might be life on Mars – she's a bona fide cave scientist so it's not woo woo stuff


Bill Stone explores the world's deepest caves - his intention is to mine lunar ice (by studying caves) for space fuel and also to build an autonomous robot to explore Jupiter. Like someone I know says "gosh, darn isn't that fascinating!"



Dee Boersma: Pay attention to penguins
(our oceans sentinels)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥