Best Blogger Tips

10 Nov 2010

Identify Your Hidden Agenda and Get Free

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
"Forgiveness 5" by Carlos Latuff.
Forgiveness by Carlos Latuff
There is no such thing as coincidence. We all know that, don't we.
I was fired for standing up to the boss which is the first (the firing) in my adult life after 30 plus years in the working world and I feel belittled.  

So, as I work on freeing myself from my own mental bondage i.e. the propensity to lie (exaggerate), point fingers and needlessly justify myself in order to feel good morally, useful information is coming my way on how to get free, which by the way I did not know I needed until they appeared!
 
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."Henry Drummond



It is far too easy to blame others needlessly in order to feel good but that is because it is all we know and so our egos prime the pump for action. Time for me to change that; how about you.

Wasting time and energy takes us nowhere pleasant. Take a tip and learn from one of the better teachers out there. Meditation is key here and as I am learning every day, freedom is inside of you.

Ed and Deb Shapiro's article excerpt highlights how to identify your hidden agenda and get free:
In order to determine what is driving our own hidden agendas, we can ask: Are we motivated by kindness, forgiveness or generosity, or by judgment, blame or grasping? Are we making someone else seem wrong in order for us to appear right? Are we ignoring or dismissing someone, or are we genuinely concerned?
"Forgiveness 3" by Carlos Latuff.
Forgiveness by Carlos Latuff
"By and large, the mind always looks out critically and deals with external events, but rarely bothers about itself.
Therefore, we have to give it new instructions.
Up to now, you have dealt with what's going on outside; that's well and good, but now the time has come to explore within," writes the Dalai Lama in the foreword to our book, "Be the Change."
"In doing so, we also have to make an effort to restrain the way our thoughts follow memories of the past and speculations about the future. We need to find the space between such thoughts, which, like the water deep in the ocean, remains clear and undisturbed even though there may be waves on the surface." 
—Ed and Deb Shapiro (from What the Dalai Lama taught us about transforming the negative mind) – well worth a read or three. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥