Best Blogger Tips

2 May 2010

I Am Woman, I Am Emotional and There Ain't A Damn Thing Wrong With That!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
Photo by raamin-ka-AKGZCGqzRZc-unsplash


Reading Eve Ensler's excerpt about her new book I am an emotional creature encouraged me to write this post and provided me with the title as well I am woman, I am emotional and there ain't a damn thing wrong with that.

I can be a larger-than-life person at times if you get me started on topics that I care about; women's issues is one of them. Then you cannot shut me up. And at other times you might see me but hear nary a peep out of me. 

Eve Ensler started her Vagina Monologues eleven years ago and as she explained then, it came about because of the abuse perpetrated upon her by her father. I hope the flesh is falling off the bastard in chunks and hopefully he is still alive while it is happening.  

She does not talk about this anymore and with good reason, it is not who she is; she is past it and is so powerful now! She used that emotion and passion to drive her onward and now V-Day and V Monologues are known worldwide. Her shows were sold out even in little old Switzerland when I was there in 2009. I love success, don't you!

She is so articulate about her passion with no holds barred, so I will let her tell you herself about her latest project I Am An Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls Around The World (here is part of an excerpt):


I AM AN EMOTIONAL CREATURE

I love being a girl.

I can feel what you're feeling

as you're feeling it inside

the feeling

before.

I am an emotional creature.

Things do not come to me

as intellectual theories or hard-shaped ideas.

They pulse through my organs and legs

and burn up my ears.

I know when your girlfriend's really pissed off

even though she appears to give you what

you want.

I know when a storm is coming.

I can feel the invisible stirrings in the air.

I can tell you he won't call back.

It's a vibe I share.


Get the rest of the I Am An Emotional Creature excerpt on HuffPost. Now, how about embracing your inner girl with Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥