Best Blogger Tips

29 May 2010

GOOD NEWS: Owning Your Words

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
For my good news weekend, the first thing I encountered was this thought-provoking article which talks about owning your own words. 

It is not about walking the talk; we know that is necessary in order to remain authentic to ourselves first and foremost.

No, this is more about expressing yourself deliberately with the right words which convey, unambiguously, the message that you intend to send. 

Sometimes, I flub it when I am not right in my skin like quite recently when I said to someone that "so and so said..." when in fact it was a powerful "sending" that I had captured from the person. So apologies were in order because the person had never actually said anything. 

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. Abraham J. Heschel
Owning my words is what I strive to achieve every day which is why you must take control when under the influence of strong emotion and avoid recriminations and "throwing" words at others. Stop holding onto pent up feelings and deal with situations as they occur. 

This type of interaction is always nasty and words uttered can never ever be forgotten; not by anyone. And how about you - do you own your words?

In this vein, here is an inspirational excerpt from Bob Proctor's Insight of the Day. I hope you find it as wonderfully enlightening and thought-provoking as I do.


I thought about "owning my words."

They say that actions speak louder than words, but people tend to say things without really thinking.

Words build up or tear down.

Words inspire or insult.

The first words spoken have made lovers out of strangers.
The last words whispered may ease a mourners pain.
Words spoken in anger are often forgiven, but rarely forgotten.

"Just what I needed to hear!" means God spoke through you.

You are what you say and how you say it.

Matthew 12:37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Dale Carnegie once said, "You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world's happiness now.


How?

By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime."

Sometimes words are all we have when there's nothing we can do.

"I wish you enough!"
Bob Perks
Bob Perks is an inspirational author and speaker. Bob's new book I Wish You Enough has been published by Thomas Nelson Publishers. A collection of stories based on his Eight Wishes expressed below. Available through your favorite bookstore or online. Visit http://www.bobperks.com/

"I Wish You Enough!"
(c) 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥