Best Blogger Tips

13 May 2010

I Bully Myself Until I'm Backed Into A Corner

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
This is where I am emotionally so this is what I write about. So my food for thought today is about being my own worst enemy (and I know I am not alone here). 

I bully and berate myself until I'm backed into a corner then I feel bereft at my disconnection from my Inner Being. After that there's nothing to do but face my self and get back on track. Huh! 

This bullying business is my latest "work it out" theme since I discovered how much I do it to myself; so of course I had to write Stop bullying Yourself and beating yourself up.

I pulled out my books to read something uplifting and these words from James Allen's As A Man Thinketh jumped out at me, proving once more that there is no such thing as coincidence! I am definitely on the right track to knowing myself a little better and this is incredible edible reading; truly the epitome of food for thought so go right ahead and sip, savour and delect. These words have not aged one iota!

A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile, and commences to search for the hidden justice which regulates his life.
And as he adapts his mind to that regulating factor, he ceases to accuse others as the cause of his condition, and builds himself up in strong and noble thoughts.
He ceases to kick against circumstances but begins to use them as aids to his more rapid progress, and as a means of discovering the hidden powers and possibilities within himself.

Law, not confusion, is the dominating principle in the universe. Justice, not injustice, is the soul and substance of life. And righteousness, not corruption, is the molding and moving force in the spiritual government of the world.
This being so, man has but to right himself to find that as he alters his thoughts toward things and other people, things and other people will alter toward him.

What I find amazing (and I should not be surprised) is that I have had this book for at least twelve months and I never once opened it until two months ago. And now, every time that I do it is bang on target. Isn't that something; this is everyday spirituality at its best!

So, do you bully yourself, and when you find yourself backed into a corner by yours truly (not me!), what do you do to get yourself out of it? Look forward to hearing from you.

Make a great day for yourself people!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥