Best Blogger Tips

12 May 2010

We Create Our Own Suffering: Time to Take the Path of Least Resistance

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
We all know that we create our own suffering yet we deny and deny. Why do you think that is? I am aware of it when I do it and sometimes I cannot stop myself. I am gradually getting better at it but damn, does it take work. 

I believe it is time to take the path of least resistance. It is not being a wimp because I am finally understanding that when we let go and let God as Bob Proctor exhorts us to do in We Were Born Rich, magic happens. The way becomes smoother even though it is well-travelled.

In this vein, here's some food for thought today on suffering from my man of the moment James Allen's As A Man Thinketh.  At the moment, I am creating my own suffering through my thoughts because I am not getting what I want but what I feel (through frustration, anxiety and doubt which give rise to fear). 

Needless to say, when I see such results they are not very edifying and it all comes back to you are what you think or as others say, you get what you vibrate.  Reflect on these words today as you go about your daily affairs and work on identifying where you don't feel good and change the way you think about it. That's what I'm doing.

Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results. Bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results. This is but saying that nothing can come from corn but corn, nothing from nettles but nettles.  Men understand this law in the natural world and work with it. But few understand it in the mental and moral world (though its operation there is just as simple and undeviating), and they, therefore, do not cooperate with it.

Suffering is always the effect of wrong thought in some direction. It is an indication that the individual is out of harmony with himself, with the Law of his being. The sole and supreme use of suffering is to purify, to burn out all that is useless and impure. Suffering ceases for him who is pure. There could be not object in burning gold after the dross had been removed, and perfectly and enlightened being could not suffer.

Isn't that beautiful and bang on target. What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe that our psyches are irrevocably screwed up? If that is not the case, how can we change as individuals and assist others to follow a path a path of least resistance? Do comment and let me know.

Make a grateful day for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥