Best Blogger Tips

12 May 2009

A Gift of Love From My Mother

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
I just have to share this.

My mother gave me such a wonderful gift of love yesterday when I called to wish her a belated Mother's Day.

For the first time since I've known her, she asked me how I was and she was genuinely interested. She did not talk about herself once!

And to add
honey to the pot, she then asked me if I needed help. It was so amazing and unexpected
- she really touched my heart.  I teared up and I've been savouring that brief conversation since yesterday.



Look, this might seem normal and natural to you folks out there but I grew up in unnatural surroundings. This woman is seventy years old and she is the most selfish person I know; change that to knew.

She's
not someone that I've ever liked since I was very small but could only form a coherent opinion when I was around eight or so. That's when I stopped calling her mummy.

What an absolutely lovely gift she gave me


Thank you Marian.

Just wanted to share that.


Add to Technorati Favorites Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥