Best Blogger Tips

20 Dec 2009

Views In My Path On A December Afternoon

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
Views in my path on a warmish - for winter - December afternoon, the Sunday before Christmas in Geneva, Switzerland.



Proud Lion Looking On



This magnificent creature, one of two, guards the entrance to the Brunswick Momument in Geneva, Switzerland.


To The Baths We Go



The name of area is The Pâquis. And so, Les Bains des Pâquis means the Pâquis Baths which is public and is open all year round. Please don't ask me what Pâquis means because I have no idead.

The Baths are located on the shores of Lac Léman - in the centre of town - also known as Lake Geneva which does not exist. The area has a pebble beach, sauna and hammam (steam room/Turkish Baths), licensed massage therapist, and a snack bar.


To The Baths



This is the entrance/exit to the Pâquis Baths.


The Crane Awaits and No Boats to Take



This crane is quite close to the Pâquis Baths which lifts boats in and out of the water. The yellow boat in the background to the right is called a Mouette (seagull). It's public transport on the lake - a lake bus with set drop-off points.


The Mouette Ticket Booth




 And of course, this is where tickets are sold for the Mouette.


Along the Quai du Mont Blanc



 Just before a heavy snow fall along the Quai du Mont Blanc in Geneva.


And look what I found during my walk!
A Heart for Two





Bare On a Cold December Day 
(warmish 2°C or 25°F)




Three for One
(and never mind the cars!)




As always, hope you enjoyed the views. Do let me know!


december views

Photos taken LG Shine phone camera


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥