Best Blogger Tips

17 Jun 2010

Fertilising The Garden of the Heart

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
hearts ♥ brick-red ♥ brecciated jasper & black...Image by oedipusphinx via Flickr
While in meditation and working on my energy centres (chakras) I saw my heart chakra as a garden; a lush, green and vibrant garden which got me to thinking about the garden of the heart. 

So I started wondering how many of us consciously pay attention to this garden of the heart and nurture it as we would lovingly tend to a normal garden?

Do we weed out the grasses which obscure our view (thought processes)? How do we till and fertilise the "soil" ensuring that it remains rich so that the seeds sown grow and bloom in a healthy and vigorous manner?

I am looking for answers just like everyone else and quite by chance (no such thing) I found Ed and Deb Shapiro's Listen to your heart not your head. They say:

  1. Your heart is so much more than a vessel for romance. It has been described as a King and the mind are the advisers. The King may listen to advice but in the end makes the decision based on a larger view and the overall needs of others. Great analogy.
  2. When faced with a decision or conflict, the mind may suggest logical solutions but listening and trusting your heart no matter how illogical or irrational usually results in a happier you.
  3. Your heart is your compass in all things.
  4. The mind, though inherently brilliant and capable creates unnecessary drama and distractions. And as well all know, it is no fun living in your head all the time. I can vouch for that and I bet you can too!
  5. The mind is the content of who you are and your heart is your essence. Your true heart is not subject to chaos or limited by pain, fear and neuroses, but is joyful, creative and loving. 
  6. The heart is a source of great richness and it cannot be squandered or lost. It is the core, the essence of your being, a reservoir of joy, powerful love and infinite compassion that lies within you.

Reflect on these words; they are juicy and deep and they answer the deep questions. However, we all have to find our own way, don't we.

I believe that meditation is the key to living a heart-filled, joyous life then my questions become moot because it tends to smooth things out.

It doesn't help us avoid any of life's ups and downs but with it we manage so much better.  

Ed and Deb Shapiro have included a wonderful heart meditation at the end of their article to assist you and I in fertilizing the garden of the heart, and I have also included some interesting articles for your reading pleasure.
Let me know if it works for you, and whether you other ways of dealing with life's heart challenges? Do share.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥