Best Blogger Tips

1 Jun 2010

How Do We Get Happy – By Living The Soul Journey

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
A smiley by Pumbaa, drawn using a text editor.Image via Wikipedia

How do we get happy? We become by doing what we love. We get happy through living the soul journey.

It is that simple and yet most of us have such difficulty getting there for all sorts of dumb reasons; like Yours Truly!



and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do—
determined to save
the only life you could save. 

Mary Oliver, The Journey

Because I am on this soul journey, I know without a shadow of a doubt that what the soul yearns for is not happiness; although many people are actively seeking it which I do not understand.

No, what the soul desires is fulfillment of its needs and we die a slow death when they remain unfulfilled. That's a lotta zombies out there people! Do you intend to join them?

I empathise most with children, and adolescents and teens in particular who feel this yearning so deeply and so powerfully but they are stifled by the demands of adults; unable to express themselves.

Their brilliance is snuffed out through ignorance and far too many end up self-destructing because of it! We have to end this!


Feeling your soul's desires and having them fulfilled is what we are all here to do. When we follow the dictates of others and ignore our soul's yearning, the life we end up living – if you can call it that – is perfectly described in the song lyrics below. Leona Lewis does a beautiful job.

It's a poem, a dirge, a cry from the heart and a yearning from the soul. So here's to celebrating living the soul journey.


HAPPY
(lyrics by Leona Lewis et al)

Someone once told me
That you have to choose
What you win or lose
You can't have everything
Don't you take chances
You might feel the pain
Don't you love in vain
Cause love won't set you free

I could stand by the side
Watch this life pass me by
So unhappy
Safe as could be

Holding on tightly
Just can't let it go
Just trying to play my role
Slowly disappear
But all these days 
They feel like they're the same
Just different faces
Different names
Get me outta here
But I can't stand by the side
And watch this life pass me by
Pass me by

So what if it hurts me
So what if I break down
So what if this world just throws me off the edge 
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
I'm trying to be... happy
 
So many turns that I can't see
Like I'm a stranger on this road
But don't say "victim"
Don't say anything

So what if it hurts me
So what if I break down
So what if this world just throws me off the edge 
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
I just wanna be... happy
I just wanna be... happy


When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms. -Mary Oliver

This is what we are all aiming for whether we know it or not, whether you agree with me or not. And it does not matter how long it takes either; you have to take this soul journey. It is why you are here!

Are you living a soul journey? What obstacles are you putting in your way that create challenges, and how do you handle them? I look forward to your comments.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥